Monday, December 24, 2012

All Alone.

Nicki was awoken by the sun rays of the morning shining in. The clock had just struck 10 and she was still in bed. She never slept this late. Looking both ways she was stopped by a note on the opposite side dresser. She reached over but not before stretching fully. Although, it was Friday, Jay still had a "busy" day at the office. With him being some towns apart, they were very distant most of the time.

The quietness of the room allowed Nicki to hear her nerve-wrecking thoughts. She was worried. What is something was to happen to him one day, and where would she be? In San Diego, where he wasn't.

Finally eyeing the note, Nicki rubbed her eyes of sleep, so that the writing didn't look so blurry and unfocused.

-Had some unfinished paperwork at the office to do. I'll be home soon.
Love.

Sighing Nicki fixed herself to get out of bed. The window was cracked so the cool winter wind blew in. Surprisingly calm, Nicki walked toward the bathroom. She opened the door only to find a mess upon the floor.

"He always does this!"

Sucking up her anger, she picked his clothes from off the floor. Curiously, Nicki picked up his shirt and sniffed the strange scent. Just as she thought; it smelled different. Throwing his dirty clothes into the hamper, she continued her unfinished trip to the shower. She couldn't help but think he was hiding something, she was still yet to find what though. It bothered her.

Nicki then froze once she heard a loud thump come from the main bedroom. Without thinking she yelled out, "Lily!"

Not getting an answer, instead she received quiet. Afraid of what she may come face to face with she stopped herself from opening the door. That's when she remembered she dropped off lily at her friends house for a couple of days yesterday.

The sounds stopped but the footsteps didn't. Swallowing her fear, she opened the door.

"Mrs. Maraj?"

Nicki jumped and her hand instantly came in contact with her chest, her breathing yet to slow.

"Shit, Rita you scared me!"

"I'm sorry." She said in her deep Hispanic accent.

"No, it's fine, really. I guess I'm a bit on edge today." Nicki removed her hand from her chest.

"I just had a few more things to clean for you. I know you have a busy day today."

"Yeah. Thanks anyway."

"No problem."

Nicki smiled momentarily before she headed back into the bathroom. She grabbed her washcloth and stepped into the shower. Her peaches and creme body wash could be smell from outside of the closed door.

"Mmm." Nicki said as she inhaled the sweet smell.

Her robe slid down her body and onto the floor, stepping in. The warm heat and water hit her body with a relaxing force. She loved it. Her eyes closed for a split second before forced open by a voice.

"Mrs. Maraj."

Nicki quickly turned down the knob to turn down the water. " yes?"

"I just wanted to tell you I will be leaving now,"

"Ok. Thank you!"

She heard the footsteps quiet before they weren't heard at all. Humming a soft tune, Nicki finished up. Turning off the hot water, she stepped out and wrapping her damp body in a warm towel. She grabbed her toothbrush, she applied the toothpaste and began brushing, letting her thoughts radiate and spin throughout her head.

Toronto. 8:15 p.m.

Drake shuffled and hurried to get his clothes on. His phone had woken him from his slumber. Startled, her turned a little too much and slid off the side of the bed.

"Shit!"

The figure next to him sat up quickly, "What's wrong?"

He looked up and the girl sitting in front of him. The creme sheets covering her breasts. Their night had gone unexpectedly, considering they were both drunk last night. Was it worth it? Nah. But to Drake it defiantly was needed.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." His voice with a hint of attitude.

"Chelsea get out go do something, just don't come back."'he said irritated by her presence.

"I won't have to because your ass will come back once that bitch you've been stuck on wont give you the time of day. Yeah, you'll love me then. Just wait."

His eyes bulged, "get out."

She looked at him before chuckling, "desperate ass nigga." She wrapped the sheet around herself and headed towards the bathroom will whispering amongst herself.

Drake then looked up at his ringing phone. He picked it up along with himself.

"Hello."

"Yo, is this Drake?"

"Yeah." He said about to hang up.

"Wait. Don't hang up. I'm Nicki's friend. Lauren."

He listened extra carefully, "oh. What happened? Is she okay?"

"Oh! She's fine. I was just calling to say that her birthday in on the-"

"16th." He finished for her.

"Yeah. Which is in-"

"4 days." He did it again.

"Anyway. She hasn't been having the best time the last couple of months, and I want her day to be special. You know just a day for her to relax. I was just calling to ask you if you wanted to come."

The line was quiet.

"I mean you don't have to. I was just-"

"I would love to! In fact, I want to plan it."

"Thats- you don't have to do that. Me and Candi-"

" I know. I just feel like I owe her, and I do. Just let me do this. Maybe we can make up and become a family again."

"You know she's Engaged, right?"

"Yeah. So?"

She giggled, "I like you, you're very confident. You really love her don't you?"

"Yes. More than anything."

"Aww, that's cute. Save my number, we will need to be in touch."

"Already done."

"Jay!"

I pumped into her harder, feeling myself swell in her. I groaned feeling her tighten around me. Her sweat mixed in with mine. Her long manicured nails gripped the desk as we both reached climax. Her face was red and sweaty. I looked at her; she stared back. I was doing so many things wrong. I was loving too people at the same time. She wasn't even my girlfriend. Honestly, she was nothing to me. Her eyes read love. I didn't mean for her to catch feeling. This was supposed to be a simple affair, but scary enough it turned into more each time. What am I doing?

San Diego.

"I don't like the color."

"What exactly are you looking for?"

"We'll the colors scheme is red and pink. If you could find something close enough, I would be so grateful." "Am I asking for too much?"

"Onika,this is your wedding. I'm honored that you chose you're aunt out all the people you know to do this for you. It's no problem." Karen looked up. She noticed the sadness in her eyes as she laughed.

The laughing faded and serious filled in. "What happened?"

"I can't do this alone."

"Nika, what do you mean? You have a wonderful husband at home who is marring you in 2 weeks. You should be happy, not feeling alone."

"But I am. No matter what I do, he's not there."

"I can't interfere, but pray. Pray, ask god to guide you. Once you do that everything will become clear." She rubbed her back.

Nicki thought what Karen had spoken to her over in her head. No matter how much she waited for the answer, she was still alone. Maybe this wasn't what she wanted; needed. Maybe all of this was a mistake.



*sorry! Don't be mad! Please? I just got my iPad back so I can type and post. Hopefully new post tonight or tomorrow. Promise. This story is changing, for good or bad? You tell me! Comment!









3 comments:

  1. This juss gave me lifeeeeee. Ahhhh. Please post soooon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thot Someone scary was in her house... Got Me scared for a second thereee.. Im Glad Drake's Helpin out with Nic's Bdaay.. But Really he Needs to stop fuckin these Random ass Hoes.. If he wants Everything to workout in his Favorr. Jay... Noo Wordss for you..Pussy Ass nigguh.. I reaaly hope Nic Finds Out about This... Because if she Marrys This Mann. And doesnt No about all thiss.. She'll be makin the Biggest mistake of her life....Honestly im Lovin Thiss Story soo Far. It just Keeps gettin better and better! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought someone that she didnt know was in her house. Drake has to stop fuckin random chicks. He's gonna be able to win Nic back if he keeps on doing that. But I am glad that he will be helping out with Nic's birthday.

    ReplyDelete