Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Let Me Love You.

-Kay, barbs, I posted as I promised. Don't worry posting will be regular over the next two weeks! So that's great! Anywho, enjoy!
-briaa:)

The song began playing softly. Nicki listened nodding her head to the beat of the music. The song was great, upbeat. But it wasn't what she wanted; traditional is what she wanted. It was a dream wedding for her. Of course, why wouldn't it be? This was her 1st wedding. She was supposed to be happy, excited. Instead, she was unhappy and lonely. Her facial expression said it all.

"Onika, hunny? Are you okay?"

Nicki looked up, "I'm fine. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You should be blanking out like that. It's normal for weddings, with them being all stressful and all." Loreanne chuckled lightly.

Nicki chuckled to ease the tension and stress. Was she okay? No. But she would deal.

"About the song... Do you like it?"

"Um... I was thinking of maybe the traditional, original wedding song. Y'know like-" Nicki hummed a few bars so that they could get the picture.

"I haven't planned a wedding in a while, but since its for the queen, it can be done."

"If its too much trouble, we can compromise."

Loreanne smiled and shook her head, "no need to. I'm not going to let you stress about if I can find the original song for a wedding. You have more important things to worry about." She was right.

"Yeah, I guess-" Nicki hushed hearing her name. Safaree leaned over and began whispering.

"We have to go."

Loreanne excused herself from the room. She had something to take care of, but would email her the song and arrangements for her ideas for the whole wedding.

"It can't wait?"

Safaree shook his head, "it's 10 past 2 and your interview is at 3."

"Shit!" She jumped up. Grabbing her purse and other belongings, cupping them into her arms she rushed out, but not before telling the owner to contact her later.

The group filed into the black van. Since the interview was only a few miles away, that had time to spare. Nicki just hoped their wasn't traffic.

"What time is it now?" She asked breaking the comfortable silence.

"2:15." He looked over at her worried expression, "don't worry, we'll make it." His words comforted her only in that moment. She would need those words until all this wedding mess was over. But she wasn't too sure that she could make it.

San Diego.

Jay looked out as the mailman made his daily rounding. Watching the white truck drive off and down the private road, Jay thought. He knew Nicki had a meeting for work it was supposed to be "special".

Jay turned from the window, heading up the staircase. Lilly's room was the first door on the right. He never knew why they had so many room, but so little people.
"Lily." His knuckles lightly beat against the light wood of the white painted door. Princess stickers were plastered all over the door along with a sign that read, "no parents allowed." Apparently it made lily seem older, and more mature. At least that's what lily told them.

"Yes, daddy?"

He walked in, "what are you doing?"

"Coloring." She explained as they walked over to her coloring table covered In used paper. Some colored some scribbled on.

He looked down and picked up that single piece of crumbled up paper. He made sue she wasn't looking before in crumbling it. It was a picture neatly drawn of their family. The picture expressed so much to a 6 year old.

"Lily."

"Hmm?"

"What's this?" Jay asked as he looked over the picture. It was so neat but the feeling of it all was so sad.

"Our family, daddy. Duh!" The girl giggled.

Jay crouched down next to her. He wanted her to explain it. Tell him what it meant because he wasn't getting it.

"Why is mommy crying?" She looked at him.

"Because she's sad."

"Why is she sad?"

Lily shrugged, "I don't know. Every time you leave for work, she sits on her bed and cries. I ask her what's wrong and she doesn't tell me. I don't know why." She went back to coloring.

Now it was all clear. Jay reached down into his basketball shorts pocket and retrieved his vibrating phone. A text came through.
-Can I come over?

-Yeah. Lilly's here but she won't care.

-on my way.

Jay dropped his phone back into his pocket. "Daddy's friend is coming over, you want to hang out with us?"

"No. I'm not finished coloring my picture yet. Maybe another time." My laughed at her. He was hoping she would say that.

Nicki...

"He's not here?"

"Nope. We tried contacting him, but no answer."

"You know what, lets go. I Can't do this alone, not anymore. I really don't care what happens from now on!"

She stormed out. She walked with her head down, her eyes blinded by tears. She bumped into a hard body.

"I'm sorry."

"Nicki?"

She looked up, "Drake? What are you-"

"Why are you crying?" She looked away.

"What happened to you?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. You still haven't told me what you were doing here."

He dismissed his question, "I want to take you out, so that we can talk."

"I don't-"

"Please?" His eyes were round. Why did he have to be so cute and sexy all at the same time?

"Okay. But I'm tired so can we go somewhere relaxing and quiet?" She looked up, her dimples showing and her brown eyes staring up at him. He had fallen in love all over again.

"How bout' the beach?"

She smiled and jumped up and down releasing squeals, "yes! I need to relax. I've been so stressed lately."

"You can talk to me about it."

"I don't know, drake. I barely know you and-"

"You know me, you just don't remember."

"I'm don't-"

"Just follow me." He led the over to an secret area away for the rest of the crowded beach. He was gonna get her back tonight...

-The rest will be up tomorrow night. Thanks for commenting guys, it means a lot. What will happen. Only time will tell! Hehe!
-briaa:)







3 comments:

  1. Wait Soo Whats Gonna Happen? Whoss this "Friend" pf his... Thats Cominn Over.. Lily's 6? I Thot she was Younger then that. >:o Hopefully This Little "Date" Wil help her regain memory of himm! ^___^ im Seriously Mad that yhu ended heree too.. Soooo Not Cooool.. -.- But i Still Loved it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Jay is such a dick cheating on nicki like that kmft, I just hope lilly walks in on them & tells nic pshh.
    You go drake get your girl back bew. Just try to jog her memory she'll come around. She's not even happy in her relationship & know for a fact she doesn't want to go through with this wedding.

    Such a good post. Update soon ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just really NEED the next post.

    ReplyDelete