Friday, November 23, 2012

Deja Vu (Full Chapter)

Previously….

The sun covered the living room as the family of three sat criss-cross in the middle. All of them wearing sweats and a shirt. Lily sat with her Barbie’s and her doll house standing tall next to her. Nicki watched her daughter study the toy. It was defiantly taller that her so she had to reach to play way at the top. You could say it was life-size.
“Where did you find a doll house this big?” asked Jay as he watched Lily attempt to stand her dolls up at the top.
“My manager’s friend, you know Loreann, had an old one in her basement, in perfect condition. She said she had no one to give away to, so she gave it to Lily.” Nicki explained watching her daughter experiment questionably.
“Oh…”
The clock had just passed 9 o’clock. The sun was in full effect making a warm feeling throughout the house. All curtains were open and two windows in the front portion of the house were open. The whole house was lit by the rays of the sun.
“Hey Ladybug, you hungry?” asked Nicki as she uncrossed her legs. They were now slightly gaped open.
The little girl nodded still in awe of the huge doll house. Nicki laughed.
“Well you keep playing. Me and daddy will be in the kitchen.”
“Okay mommy!” she yelled as they had already entered the kitchen area.
“What’s up?” asked Jay as he sat at the bar.
“Why must there always be something wrong? My husband can’t come help me cook breakfast?”
He smiled small, “Technically, we’re not married yet.”
“I know.”
Nicki then turned around, to tend to the bacon. She pre-heated the oven at 350. Jay watched her closely. What was he thinking? His life was perfect. He was stupid for ever cheating on her. He had everything he had ever dreamed for. Those other women he wasted his life on, was a waste of time. She was everything to him. He would go crazy without her. He couldn’t do that to her, lily, or them.
“Jay!”
He looked up, “Huh?”
“What’s wrong? I’ve been talking to you for some time now, and you have yet to answer.” Nicki placed her hands on her hips. “What’s bothering you?”
He looked into her worried eyes. He hated being the cause of her worry. “Nothing. Don’t worry about it.”
“Don’t worry about it? You never let me help, EVER! I’m tired of you hiding shit from me. It bad enough I have to find out hidden tea from other people. How do you expect us to get married?”
“I...”
She cut him off, “NO! We can’t! We can’t because you haven’t tried to help me. I’m going through this shit alone. Do you know how stressed I am?”
Nicki rubbed her temples and paced the floor. She closed her eyes and let out deep breaths. She had this health issue. When she would become stressed out to much, her blood pressure would shoot up and she would blank out. The scary thing was she could blank out at any time.
“Calm down,” said Jay as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck multiple times.
“I can’t.” she cried. He sighed, “Go lay down and I’ll make you some breakfast.” “Sound good?”
She nodded and opened her eyes. Lily broke through the door startling the two. “Mommy guess what!”
They both turn to the little girl who was about to break out of her skin, “Uncle Faree said I could stay over tonight.” “Can I, Daddy! Can I?” she said jumping up and down.
“Okay munchkin.”
She excused herself happily. Nicki broke from his grasp and walked out of the kitchen and upstairs.
Taking the bacon out, he reached to the side and grabbed the eggs and biscuits. He let the oven stay on 350 for the biscuits. He cracked about 6 eggs and beat them in a bowl, seasoned them and added them into the pan where the butter was sizzling and melting.  He was in deep thought as he did this. He needed a break. A nice, long vacation. He didn’t want to leave his family behind. He kept wondering why he was always the one with the bad luck, or Karma.
He didn’t want to hurt anyone he loved, ever. But he couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if he didn’t exist, never met Nicki, never proposed, and never took them in. Lily wasn’t even his, he knew that. He was caring for another man’s child. That counted for something, right?
-

-Yo Drizzy Wake up!
-Call 40. He’s been trying to call all day.
-Studio today at 12.
Sighing Drake jumped up from his lazy position. His phone was ringing and the annoying ass ringtone wouldn’t shut up. It must be important. He searched for the ringing phone. The ringing stopped, and then started up again.
“Shit! Shut the hell up!” he barked at nothing in particular.
He hurried and pressed talk, “Hello!”
40 laughed hysterically, “Good afternoon to you too.” He calmed.
“Afternoon? Nigga, what the hell you talking ‘bout?”                  
“Yo, Drizz, it’s after 12. You sure you aight?” “You had a girl over?” asked 40 nosily.
“Didn’t I tell you this year was strictly business.”
“Nah, you did. But I know you; you can’t stay away for that long.” 40 said matter-of-factly.
“True. “
“Chris said after the studio they heading down to your club. You comin’?”
He hesitated. “Aw, man! You haven’t been out in 3 weeks. Live a little. At least stay an hour.”
“Aight.”
40 smiled, “I’ll be over in 10.”
Drake hung up and chucked his phone. He entered his master bedroom and walked towards the closet. Stepping on something he bent down and picked up the picture. It was her. He smiled small. Damn, he missed them. He hadn’t seen her or so he thought in forever. He missed her smile. But he missed her mostly. He was stupid, really stupid. What he didn’t know was that he was in for one big surprise and so was Nicki.

Looking for her…
             “Lauren I told you she ain’t here.”
“Shut the fuck up, Candi! I’m not leaving until she answers this damn door.” Lauren beat against the door harder.
Nicki’s eyes fluttered open as she looked around. She could hear distant beating, adding to her current headache.  Jay was asleep next to them, Lily in her room asleep also. She rubbed the remainder of sleep from her eyes before she slipped on her house shoes and enclosed her body in her warm robe. It was cold and to make the matter worse, Jay left the window open. The house would never warm up now.
“Hold the fuck up, I’m coming!” She yelled reaching the door, “Pauz.” She snickered. She just had to add that in.
“Hurry your slow ass up, we’ve been waiting outside for forever, its freezing!” yelled a familiar voice.
Nicki rolled her eyes, leave it to her two best friends to interrupt her slumber. Nicki ripped the door open and looked at the two standing outside her door with a scowl.
“Aww, what’s wrong, Nika?”
“You know exactly what’s wrong. I was sleeping ever so peacefully, then all of a sudden there’s two bitched bangin’ on my door. What the hell ya’ll want?”
Nicki closed the door when they stepped in. “You know we said we was goin’ to the club tonight. SO get up and get ready.” She said to Nicki who had gotten comfortable on the couch with a bowl of grapes.
“Nah, I’m good.”
“Nicccc!” Candi whined.  Lauren joined in.
“Ugh. Fine! But once I get bored, I’m leavin’! You two hoes got that?”
“To be so tiny, you damn sure hold a lot of anger.” The two snickered. Nicki side eyed them.
--
“That dress is perfect. Wear it.”
Lauren and Candi sat on the bed as they were already dressed. She placed the Blue strapless dress against her body. She looked down at it.
“Really?”
“Yes, I’m sure you’ll be gettin’ some tonight.”
“I’m engaged.”
“So,” said Candi with a straight face. Nicki chuckled. The three of them together was a big mess. But no one could separate them, ever.
“I feel like we’re in highschool, picking a dress for the prom or something.”
“Right,” Nicki agreed.
“Nika, hurry and get dressed, the club opens in an hour. You know it take forever for you to get dressed.”
Nicki disappeared into the bathroom. “Just make sure she doesn’t get bored.”
“Why?” Lauren asked looking up from her phone.
“Drake will be there, that’s why.”
“Her ex, Drake? They same one that-“
“Yes! Now do that and we can get rid of that Nigga that’s been cheating.”
“Candi…”
“Don’t. I know what I’m talking about, just trust me.”
Lauren sighed and looked back down at her phone, “Ok. I just hope she doesn’t end up hurt like she did in the beginning. She can’t handle that again and neither can I.”

--
“Yo, Drizz! We headin’ out!” Yelled 40.
“Aight!” He yelled back.
Drake stood to leave but something invaded his mind. Tonight was the night he would be reunited with her. He could almost smell the scent that radiated from her. Her dimples, eyes, everything. Presence. He missed her dearly. After the accident, everything changed for the worse. She lost her memory, they basically had to persuade her she had given birth to Lily Amarie Graham, and he couldn’t take it so he ran away from her, their child…, the world. He couldn’t face her, but now he could. He always wondered if she remembered him, or if she didn’t want to. It hurt his heart. He remembered crying when he thought of it. He rapped to forget it, but it would always end up coming back to that topic.
“Drake, let’s go!”
He broke from his thoughts. He grabbed his phone and quickly texted Candi on his way out.
>> On my way- Drake.
--
“Ugh! This line is a little too long for me.”
“Quit complaining and follow me.” They followed behind Candi as she made their way to the front. She whispered to the guard and they were let in instantly.
“How did you-“
“I have connections. Chill and enjoy yourselves.” She walked off and into the V.I.P area where Drake was waiting.
“She’s at the bar.” He smiled up at her.
He stood and hugged her, “I owe you. Seriously, without you none of this would be possible.”
“Don’t worry about it. Now go get your girl, Nigga.” He chuckled before exiting the bar.
--
He sat next to her, his back facing her. He didn’t want to scare her. He turned to her slowly after getting his drink.
“Hey.” He started off.
“Hi… Do I know you?” She said questionably.
She doesn’t remember me. He looked hurt, but hid it.
“Well, no… yes!”
She looked at him with a crazy look. “You know me, you just don’t remember me.”
“I think I would remember you.”
“But you don’t. I know lily-“
“How do you know my daughter? I haven’t been with you ever, nor have I talked to you.”
“Just listen” He grabbed her hand, but she snatched it away quickly.
“No! I don’t fucking know you! If you think I’m that easy, you’re sadly mistaken!”
“I don’t think you’re easy. I think you’re beautiful.” She blushed.
“That still doesn’t explain how you know so much about me.”
“Oh… I know way more than that.” He smirked.
She turned to him and squinted, “Like what?”
“I know you have dimples almost everywhere on your body. I know you’re name’s Onika Tanya Maraj. I know you hate sleeping in clothes, how you hate when people call you by your gov. I know so much but yet you still don’t know me.”
“I’m sorry. I don’t-“
“Think. Please?”
“I don’t remember you. I’m sorry if you were expecting me to, but I don’t. I can’t remember anything since-“She stopped. “I’m sorry I have to go!” she hopped up quickly. He grabbed her hand, “I won’t stop until your mine. Remember that.” He disappeared into the crowd.  She stood dazed. He looked so familiar but she could remember anything about him. She already missed him even though he was anonymous to her.





S/N: Finally I’m finished! 2,068 words later. We’re getting toward the god part of the story; Dricki will be in full effect soon. Anyway, The Dricki footage on the Re- Up DVD gave me LIFE! I was lost until I checked tumblr. So much has been happening, so I haven’t had time to post. Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh!! ^_____^ im Noww Starting to Understand Everythingg! She Lost Her Memoryy! And doesnt remember Drakee! I Lovedd it! It answered quite a bit of my questionns! Moree Pleasee.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see why she was acting that way! Im liking this story so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh loving this! So she lost her memory?! :(((( Awww and she doesn't remember Aubs?! And Lily is Drake and hers daughter?! :ooo I'm suprised but the good kind lol thanks to her friends for setting their reunion up! Butttt, why did Drake leave?! He could've stayed and helped Nicki remember him and Lily :// and then make her fall in love with him again if she didn't remember him still... But I guess he deserves another chance! Can't wait for the next chapter, post soon :)

    ReplyDelete